Make no mistake, Marriott’s MegaBonus promotion does offer some value. For the first quarter of 2014 it’s offering 35,000 Marriott Rewards points to some members after staying 20 nights, which is comparable to the 20,000 points Hyatt is offering during its Q1 promo. (HT to Loyalty Traveler)
However, other members are seeing reduced offers. If you got an offer for a free night in Category 1-5 before, it may only be for Category 1-4 now. Hyatt is also offering free nights, but I think their Category 4 is higher up the ladder and they are also offering more of them. Marriott is only offering up to two free nights.
MegaBonus typically offers different offers to different people, though the official press release only mentions the first offer. Here are offers already reported on FlyerTalk (the official press release only mentions the first one, but some have reported being able to to request a better one):
- Free night at Category 1-4 hotel after second stay (max 2)
- Free night at Category 1-5 hotel after second stay (max 2)
- 25,000 points after 15 paid nights, plus 15,000 more points after 20 nights (max 40,000)
- 35,000 points after 20 paid nights, plus 15,000 more points after 25 nights (max 50,000)
- 35,000 points after 20 paid nights, plus 2,000 more points for every additional paid night (max 55,000)
Registration is open now through March 31, 2014. Eligible stays must be completed between February 1 and April 30, 2014.
And if you’re a new member, View from the Wing reports that this is stackable with another bonus opportunity to get one free night at a Category 1-5 hotel when you stay twice in the first 4 months.