IHG is offering discounted award night bookings in the Caribbean, Latin America, and Mexico if you book by May 7, 2017. The promotional 50%-off rate is only valid at select properties that you can view on this list.
It’s possible to get the 50% off rate for stays between May 1 and June 30, 2017.
The properties that stick out to me as the most desirable in terms of both location and rate are:
- InterContinental Cartagena de Indias (Colombia) – 12,500 points
- Holiday Inn Cartagena Morros (Colombia) – 12,500 points
- InterContinental Presidente Cancun Resort (Mexico) – 15,000 points
- Holiday Inn Cancun Arenas (Mexico) – 20,000 points (all-inclusive)
- Holiday Inn Resort Acapulco (Mexico) – 10,000 points
- Holiday Inn Resory Ixtapa All-Inclusive (Mexico) – 25,000 points (all-inclusive)
- Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive (Mexico) – 17,500 points (all-inclusive)
- Holiday Inn Express Puerto Vallarta (Mexico) – 10,000 points
- InterContinental Real Santo Domingo (Dominican Republic) – 12,500 points
- Holiday Inn Santo Domingo (Dominican Republic) – 10,000 points
- Holiday Inn Panama Canal (Panama) – 7,500 points
- Holiday Inn Resort Aruba Beach Resort and Casino (Aruba) – 17,500 points
Is This a Good Deal?
If you are already planning a stay to the Caribbean, Latin America, or Mexico during the promotional dates, this is a great opportunity to save some points! Even if you already have a stay booked with IHG or another program, it might be a good opportunity to look at that stay and consider whether or not there is an IHG hotel that is participating in this promotion that you can stay at instead.
If you are thinking about planning a summer getaway but haven’t yet, maybe this deal will help you book that trip. The all-inclusives that are included in this promotion are sounding especially good to me right now! If I didn’t have a trip booked yet, I would probably lean toward the Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos because it’s the all-inclusive that costs the least number of points.
Keep in mind that all points bookings are fully cancelable with no penalty (usually up until the day before checkin – but this varies by property), so if you aren’t sure it is okay to book the hotel now and cancel later.
If you don’t have IHG points, you can considering transferring them or buying them. IHG is a 1:1 transfer partner of Chase Ultimate Rewards and it is still possible to buy IHG points for as little as 0.576 cents per point through this years’ Daily Getaways.
Unfortunately, I’m too booked on travel this year to tack on another trip this summer, but let me know if you are able to take advantage of this deal in the comments!