This amenity kit review is based on what I received on from my flights in September 2016 on Lufthansa Business Class. This was a business trip where I paid for an economy ticket and upgraded using a United Global Premier Upgrade. I flew from Chicago to Frankfurt on United, (and got a 2015-era Cowshed Amenity kit), then was on Lufthansa to Dubai and then back from Doha.
For our introductory post and description of the categories of these reviews, and the 5 point rating scale, please click here.
Amenity Kit Review
The Bree branded case was the same in both directions to/from Frankfurt. Bree is a German company that apparently makes various types of bags. The kit itself is a green neoprene half-zippered case, and is small, but is a nice size for reuse as a toiletry kit or maybe even carrying cords or some similar small items. The contents have the basics of what one would expect for a business class amenity kit.
Bag/Container: These kits are more heavy duty than many other kits I’ve seen given that these are made of neoprene, and seemingly would last a while if reused. There is an embossed Bree logo on the outside of the case. Inside is black with a Lufthansa Business Class tag. Score: 3.5
Product: There are small plastic pouches containing Korres Shea Butter Lip Balm and Pomegranate moisturizing cream. That’s it. Score: 2.5
Comfort items: Pretty standard items include nice soft Uvex earplugs, some thin plain gray socks, and an eye shade with a Lufthansa logo but is otherwise pretty cheap. Score: 2.5
Miscellaneous items: Maximum White branded toothbrush and toothpaste. I did appreciate the small packet containing breath mints. Score: 3
Extras: Disposable cover for the Bose Headphones which are in the seat. I just used my own, so this wasn’t of use to me. Nothing else. Score: 2.
The Lufthansa Business Class amenity kit is pretty basic. Even United’s Business Class kits have more items, including a pen, which is handy for filling out arrival forms, albeit not necessary when entering Germany. These ratings can be tough for more sparse Business Class kits such as this, so for this kit, my ratings averaged to 2.7
Have you received one of these Bree kits on a Lufthansa Business Class flight? Please let us know what you think.
Other Amenity Kit Reviews
- Japan Airlines First Class
- ANA First Class
- British Airways First Class
- Virgin Atlantic Upper Class
- Qantas First Class
- Thai Airways First Class (Rimowa 2014)
- Japan Airlines Business Class
- Lufthansa First Class (Escada)
- Cathay Pacific Business Class (new Seventy-Eight Percent)
- United Airlines BusinessFirst (Cowshed Kit)
- United Airlines BusinessFirst
- American Airlines Transcon First Class (Reno Air Heritage Series)
- United Airlines BusinessFirst (new TEAM USA kit)
- Lufthansa Business Class (Bree)
- Etihad Business Class (LUXE)
- Qatar Airways Economy Class
- American Airlines Business Class (Cole Haan 2016)