I recently reviewed United’s newest amenity kit with items from Cowshed. For comparison, here is the previous version of the amenity kit that replaced. The contents are similar, but the case is the main difference. For our introductory post and description of the categories, and the 5 point rating scale, please click here.
In this post, I will review a kit from United Airlines BusinessFirst. This was the standard kit for the first half of 2015 or so, and from what I can recall, little has changed from the recent past.
Bag/Container: other than a hook to hang the bag, there isn’t much exciting about this kit. There are a few pouches inside that separate the interior. It is a relatively small bag, so it would work well to be reused, or possibly re-purposed to hold other items. Score: 2
Even the zipper pulls are branded
Product: a pretty basic kit with a facial cleanser, some hand and cuticle cream and lip balm. All of these items are Philosophy branded. I hadn’t heard of this before seeing it on United, but it seems to be a nice fancy company. The hand cream sells for $10/1 ounce tube. So the small tube in the kit is worth about $3.50 Score: 2
Comfort Items: This is pretty typical for amenity kit contents. The only features I found unique, or special were a pen, the hand sanitizer packets. The eye mask is decent, the inside is pretty soft velour type material. The socks are very thin. Score: 2
Miscellaneous: The kit is standard United, with a toothbrush, a comb, plus some breath mints and a tooth pick/floss. Score: 3
Extras: There are no extras like pajamas or slippers. Like past kits, a Business Class kit with these items scored a 2 on this scale.
This kit is decent for Business Class, especially on a US carrier. The score works out to an average of 2.2. Not too bad for this very basic kit.
interior view of this kit
Do you have one of these United Business First Amenity kits? What do you think?
Other Amenity Kit Reviews
- Japan Airlines First Class
- ANA First Class
- British Airways First Class
- Virgin Atlantic Upper Class
- Qantas First Class
- Thai Airways First Class (Rimowa 2014)
- Japan Airlines Business Class
- Lufthansa First Class (Escada)
- Cathay Pacific Business Class (new Seventy-Eight Percent)
- United Airlines BusinessFirst (Cowshed Kit)
- United Airlines BusinessFirst
- American Airlines Transcon First Class (Reno Air Heritage Series)
- United Airlines BusinessFirst (new TEAM USA kit)
- Lufthansa Business Class (Bree)
- Etihad Business Class (LUXE)
- Qatar Airways Economy Class
- American Airlines Business Class (Cole Haan 2016)