Cathay Pacific may be one of Asia’s most renowned airlines, but outside of their home base of Hong Kong the Cathay Pacific Kuala Lumpur lounge is lacking the glitz and glamour that Cathay Pacific is known for. Instead, the small rectangular lounge provides basic amenities and light snacks before Cathay Pacific takes passengers on a 3.5 hour regional journey back to Hong Kong.
As I mention the lounge is quite small and doesn’t offer any fancy features or amenities that are often found in international lounges. Instead this lounge was designed for basic function. The food and alcohol is underwhelming and since Cathay does not operate any connecting flights from KUL there are no luxury amenities such as spas, showers, etc. The one highlight to this lounge is the computer work stations.
Food options – lacking quality
The Cathay Pacific lounge is also shared by JAL and can be crowded when both Cathay and JAL have flights departing at similar times. Thankfully OneWorld Elites and those travelling in First or Business class can use other OneWorld lounges at KUL. I would highly suggest the Malaysia Airlines Regional Lounge, as I find it to be the best lounge at KUL.
More from this trip:
- Around the world in First for 120,000 miles
- How much did my 120,000 mile + $300 ticket really cost?
- Rookie Mistakes Could Have Cost Me My Around The World Trip
- Courtyard Airport Hotel – Mexico City
- American Express Centurion lounge Mexico D.F. terminal 1
- American Airlines Admirals Club Mexico D.F.
- American Airlines Premium Lounge Miami
- Saloon VIP Terminal J Miami
- Tam Farewell to First Class B777 Miami (MIA) to Sao Paulo (GRU)
- 15 hours in Sao Paulo 15 Hours In Sao Paulo – Graffiti, History, Laughter, and Caipirinhas
- LAN TAM VIP Lounge Sao Paulo Terminal 3 (GRU)
- TAM “Business” Class B777 Sao Paulo (GRU) to Paris (CDG)
- Marriott Champs-Elysees Paris
- Malaysia Airlines “First class” lounge Paris – ICARE Lounge
- Malaysia Airlines First Class A380 Paris (CDG) to Kuala Lumpur (KUL)
- Malaysia Airlines Golden Lounge Kuala Lumpur (KUL) – First Class lounge
- Malaysia Airlines Kuala Lumpur Regional Golden Lounge Review
- Cathay Pacific First and Business Class lounge Kuala Lumpur (KUL).
- Cathay Pacific Regional Business Class A330 Kuala Lumpur (KUL) to Hong Kong (HKG)
- Cathay Pacific First Class Lounge Hong Kong (HKG)– The Wing
- Cathay Pacific First Class B777 Hong Kong (HKG) to Los Angeles (LAX)