Malaysia Airlines operates two Golden lounges in the international terminals in Kuala Lumpur; the largest in the Satellite terminal where all long haul flights depart from and a smaller one in the main terminal where regional flights depart. The larger lounge in the Satellite terminal is open 24 hours and meant to be Malaysia Airlines crown jewel, but in all honesty I find the Regional lounge to offer a better lounge experience with a more modern design and chic décor.
The lounge offers everything the larger Satellite lounge offers, including paid spa service, a noodle bar, hot food station, a bar, showers, and excellent tarmac views. This lounge also has a dedicated children play area! The only thing this lounge is missing is a first class lounge, smoking area, and sleeping pods; but in all honesty I could do without all three!
If you are traveling through KUL, skip the Satellite lounge and check out the Malaysia Airline Regional Golden lounge. The lounge is open daily and has the same entry requirements as the satellite lounge. Skip the blasé lounge and see a lounge that makes Malaysia Airline truly stand out as a five star carrier.
More from this trip
- Around the world in First for 120,000 miles
- How much did my 120,000 mile + $300 ticket really cost?
- Courtyard Airport Hotel – Mexico City
- American Express Centurion lounge Mexico D.F. terminal 1
- American Airlines Admirals Club Mexico D.F.
- American Airlines Premium Lounge Miami
- Saloon VIP Terminal J Miami
- Tam Farewell to First Class B777 Miami (MIA) to Sao Paulo (GRU)
- 15 hours in Sao Paulo 15 Hours In Sao Paulo – Graffiti, History, Laughter, and Caipirinhas
- LAN TAM VIP Lounge Sao Paulo Terminal 3 (GRU)
- TAM “Business” Class B777 Sao Paulo (GRU) to Paris (CDG)
- Marriott Champs-Elysees Paris
- Malaysia Airlines “First class” lounge Paris – ICARE Lounge
- Malaysia Airlines First Class A380 Paris (CDG) to Kuala Lumpur (KUL)
- Malaysia Airlines Golden Lounge Kuala Lumpur (KUL) – First Class lounge
- Malaysia Airlines Kuala Lumpur Regional Golden Lounge Review
- Cathay Pacific First and Business Class lounge Kuala Lumpur (KUL).
- Cathay Pacific Regional Business Class A330 Kuala Lumpur (KUL) to Hong Kong (HKG)
- Cathay Pacific First Class Lounge Hong Kong (HKG)– The Wing
- Cathay Pacific First Class B777 Hong Kong (HKG) to Los Angeles (LAX)