It is amazing to me how different every American Airlines Admiral club is, especially those in foreign countries. I have reviewed the Admirals Club in London, which wasn’t much to write home about and the club in Tokyo, which many AA frequent fliers claim is the best in the system. Yet I will easily argue, that despite American’s 1980s décor in the Admirals club in Mexico city, the staff are among the friendliest and the snacks and bar among the best stocked system wide! Sure the club needs modernization, but there’s something charming of the dated look of the club.
Multiple sitting area in the club; the club is divided into multiple mini sitting rooms with chairs for about 20 chairs per area.
I didn’t get a picture of the bar, the the largest alcohol selection for ANY admiral’s club I’ve been to –ALL complimentary unlike other Admirals club. The bar tender made my screwdriver with Stoli!
Book and magazine selection
The Mexico City Admiral Club is by far my new favorite. The snacks were local and top notch and the alcohol selection was the best. Even the chairs were comfortable despite being dated! I wish more Admiral club offered these amenities! The club is just missing a shower!
More from this trip
- Around the world in First for 120,000 miles
- How much did my 120,000 mile + $300 ticket really cost?
- Rookie Mistakes Could Have Cost Me My Around The World Trip
- Courtyard Airport Hotel – Mexico City
- American Express Centurion lounge Mexico D.F. terminal 1
- American Airlines Admirals Club Mexico D.F.
- American Airlines Premium Lounge Miami
- Saloon VIP Terminal J Miami
- Tam Farewell to First Class B777 Miami (MIA) to Sao Paulo (GRU)
- 15 hours in Sao Paulo 15 Hours In Sao Paulo – Graffiti, History, Laughter, and Caipirinhas
- LAN TAM VIP Lounge Sao Paulo Terminal 3 (GRU)
- TAM “Business” Class B777 Sao Paulo (GRU) to Paris (CDG)
- Marriott Champs-Elysees Paris
- Malaysia Airlines “First class” lounge Paris – ICARE Lounge
- Malaysia Airlines First Class A380 Paris (CDG) to Kuala Lumpur (KUL)
- Malaysia Airlines Golden Lounge Kuala Lumpur (KUL) – First Class lounge
- Malaysia Airlines Kuala Lumpur Regional Golden Lounge Review
- Cathay Pacific First and Business Class lounge Kuala Lumpur (KUL).
- Cathay Pacific Regional Business Class A330 Kuala Lumpur (KUL) to Hong Kong (HKG)
- Cathay Pacific First Class Lounge Hong Kong (HKG)– The Wing
- Cathay Pacific First Class B777 Hong Kong (HKG) to Los Angeles (LAX)