Via One Mile at a Time, Uber and American Express are offering a particularly generous promotion this holiday travel season. Enter the promotion code AMEXAIRPORT in your Uber app to get two free rides up to $65 each. (If your ride costs less than $65, any remaining discount will not roll over to future credits.) You can enter the promotion code by selecting “Promotions” from the menu in the app.
The discount is only good on rides that pick up at the airport, and not those that drop you off. In addition, only a select number of major airports are eligible:
- LaGuardia Airport (LGA)
- John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK)
- Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR)
- Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD)
- Chicago Midway International Airport (MDW)
- Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA)
- Boston Logan International Airport (BOS)
- McCarran International Airport (LAS)
- George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH)
- Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD)
- Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA)
Despite the restrictions, this is the most generous promotion I’ve ever seen from Uber, and it comes just in time for holiday travel. Note that you must use an American Express card to pay for your ride by December 31. More information is available online at Ubr.to/amex.
The one-way rule actually works well for my particular travel style. My wife and I tend to take public transit to the airport because we leave during the day and often from a more central downtown or University location. We almost always return home by Uber because it’s late at night, and we live in the suburbs. Still, that 25-minute trip only costs us $35 with UberX. Maybe next time we’ll use Uber Black!