IAfter a wonderful inflight experience from Los Angeles to Guangzhou (CAN) I decided to stop by the Sky Pearl VIP Lounge, for I had about 3 hours to spare between flights. Upon entering, I asked the lounge attendant if the lounge was the newest lounge at the CAN airport and they assured me that it was. Being that China Southern (CZ) has 5 lounges at CAN I wanted to be sure that I visited their newest and brightest passenger facility. The lounge was overall extraordinary and nicer than a lot of lounges that I have visited in the past and leaps and bounds nicer than an Domesitc US lounge. It lived up to everything CZ advertised on their website, although I never could find the sleeping/massage room.
I will let the pictures speak for themselves and leave the judging up to you. Just know the lounge was extremely comfortable and at 5am, when I arrived, I was one of the only passengers in the lounge. By 8am the lounge started to fill with travelers, however never did the lounge feel crowded, in fact the upper level remained empty almost the entire time.
The lounge was decorated for Christmas and there were plenty of options for entertainment and eating. No one would ever be bored or go hungry while visiting this lounge. Although I will be the first to say the western style food was awful and should be avoided, choose the cereal at breakfast time or go with the Chinese options. Or if you’re not hungry, the desserts were out of this world!
The lounge is a great place to relax in a rather busy airport. The attendants will see to all your needs and you’ll barely finish your food or coffee before someone sweeps in to clean it up for you. In addition, the staff are very aware of everyone’s flight, and unlike any other lounge I’ve visited, when it was time for me to board my plane to Manila, an attendant found me and informed me it was time to head to my gate and they pointed me in the correct direction. The only downside to this mini paradise, no facebook or twitter–but then again that’s all of China!
Breakfast area with atleast 20 food options & Tea area where traditional chinese tea demostrations are done
Relax and watch the airplanes pass you by and then freshen up with a shower!
Computer work station
Alcohol selection mininimal, but it was 5am
More desserts and high quality chocolates
Read more from this series:
- China Southern A380 Business Class Los Angeles to Guangzhou
- Sky Pearl VIP Lounge Guangzhou
- China Southern Business Class Guangzhou to Manila
- MIASCOR Lounge Manila
- Asiana Business Class Manila to Seoul
- Asiana Business Class Lounge
- Asiana Boarding Gate Lounge
- Thai Airways Business Class Seoul to Bangkok
- Thai Airways Domestic Bangkok Business Class Lounge
- Thai Airways Business Class Bangkok to Phuket
- Thai Airways Domestic Phuket Business Class Lounge
- Thai Airways Business Class Phuket to Bangkok
- Thai Airways International Business Class Lounge
- Thai Airways Business Class Bangkok to Singapore
- Singapore Air SilverKris Lounge Terminal 2
- Singapore Air Business Class Singapore to Manila
- Delta Airline Check-in & Upgrade MNL-NRT
- Delta Airline SkyClub Manila
- Delta Airline 747 Business Class MNL-NRT
- Delta Airline 777 Business Class NRT-LAX