It doesn’t matter if you’re flying Air Berlin, Silk Air, Virgin Australia, Thai Airways, or any other international airline through Phuket, there’s only one lounge in the international departure hall and it’s the Thai Airways Royal Silk Lounge. The lounge is quite petite and only has a capacity of 60 people. However, thankfully, when I visited the lounge in the morning, it was quite empty, for only Thai Airways had a flight departing at that time.
The lounge is a single room with a little kitchen off to one side. The center of the room is reserved for businesses class passengers and along the walls there are little cubbies with reserve signs for those passengers traveling in a first class premium cabin. There is a small business center with a couple of computers, a bathroom, but no shower facilities.
Since this is an international lounge and serves both Thai Airways and a number of other large airlines, there actually are more options for food and beverages than in the Bangkok domestic lounge. The food choices range from mini sandwiches, fresh fruit, instant noodles, puff pastries, shumai, desserts, and a few other finger foods. Nothing really stood out as amazing, but still more choices than the domestic Royal Silk Lounge in Bangkok. The beverages were practically the same as in Bangkok as well, however there was Thai beer in this lounge.
The Royal Silk Lounge in Phuket is small, but so is the airport. Don’t expect world class service or anything over the top while visiting, but it’s still a nice place to watch CNN on the flat screen, check your emails, and to have a small snack before your flight. And who knows, maybe later in the evening they bring out other food and beverages items. When I was there, it was 6 am!
Like what you read? Follow me on Twitter
Read more from this series:
- China Southern A380 Business Class Los Angeles to Guangzhou
- Sky Pearl VIP Lounge Guangzhou
- China Southern Business Class Guangzhou to Manila
- MIASCOR Lounge Manila
- Asiana Business Class Manila to Seoul
- Asiana Business Class Lounge
- Asiana Boarding Gate Lounge
- Thai Airways Business Class Seoul to Bangkok
- Thai Airways Domestic Bangkok Business Class Lounge
- Thai Airways Business Class Bangkok to Phuket
- Thai Airways Domestic Phuket Business Class Lounge
- Thai Airways Business Class Phuket to Bangkok
- Thai Airways International Business Class Lounge
- Thai Airways Business Class Bangkok to Singapore
- Singapore Air SilverKris Lounge Terminal 2
- Singapore Air Business Class Singapore to Manila
- Malaysia Airline Business Class Manila to Kuala Lumpur
- Malaysia Airline Golden Lounge Kuala Lumpur
- Malaysia Airline Business Class Kuala Lumpur-Narita
- Malaysia Airline Business Class Narita-Los Angeles